Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
Jan Bromberger
2002-09-03 02:17:14 UTC
I hope I did not missunderstand that you want me to report this. On apachectl configtest I get:

Syntax error on line 249 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so into server: libapr-0.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

I built just today from CVS - both the webapp connector and APR.
My system is SuSE Linux running on a PC.

What can I further tell you to help you helping me?

Cheers,
Jan Bromberger
jean-frederic clere
2002-09-03 07:51:24 UTC
Post by Jan Bromberger
I hope I did not missunderstand that you want me to report this. On
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
I built just today from CVS - both the webapp connector and APR.
My system is SuSE Linux running on a PC.
That is good for webapp but not for APR you should used the released APR
See http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/
Post by Jan Bromberger
What can I further tell you to help you helping me?
The output of ldd /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
Post by Jan Bromberger
Cheers,
Jan Bromberger
jean-frederic clere
2002-09-03 08:15:54 UTC
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by Jan Bromberger
I hope I did not missunderstand that you want me to report this. On
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
I built just today from CVS - both the webapp connector and APR.
My system is SuSE Linux running on a PC.
It seems I have broken something with my last commit in webapp, I will try to
fix it.
Post by Jan Bromberger
What can I further tell you to help you helping me?
The output of ldd /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
Post by Jan Bromberger
Cheers,
Jan Bromberger
jean-frederic clere
2002-09-03 10:48:56 UTC
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by Jan Bromberger
I hope I did not missunderstand that you want me to report this. On
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
I built just today from CVS - both the webapp connector and APR.
My system is SuSE Linux running on a PC.
It seems I have broken something with my last commit in webapp, I will
try to fix it.
It is fixed thanks to Justin ;-))
Post by Jan Bromberger
What can I further tell you to help you helping me?
The output of ldd /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
Post by Jan Bromberger
Cheers,
Jan Bromberger
Jan Bromberger
2002-09-03 11:11:40 UTC
Post by jean-frederic clere
It is fixed thanks to Justin ;-))
Uhhh... when exactly? I am not so very sure that the time from my last mail
is 100% correct but I must have checked out not half an hour ago.. but I
will retry.

Thanks in advance,
Jan
Jan Bromberger
2002-09-03 11:08:23 UTC
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by Jan Bromberger
cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
I built just today from CVS - both the webapp connector and APR.
My system is SuSE Linux running on a PC.
That is good for webapp but not for APR you should used the released APR
See http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/
I followed README.txt to load it from CVS

I get the same error with current (12:50 GMT+1) CVS from webapp and APR 0.9.
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by Jan Bromberger
What can I further tell you to help you helping me?
The output of ldd /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40013000)
libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x40032000)
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x40061000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40077000)
libapr-0.so.0 => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4007b000)

After I placed libapr-0.so.0 into /usr/lib I got

Syntax error on line 249 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so into server:
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0: undefined symbol: pthread_create

And I do NOT know what I was doing.

Cheers,
Jan
jean-frederic clere
2002-09-03 11:29:55 UTC
Post by Jan Bromberger
Post by jean-frederic clere
Post by Jan Bromberger
What can I further tell you to help you helping me?
The output of ldd /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40013000)
libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x40032000)
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x40061000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40077000)
libapr-0.so.0 => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4007b000)
After I placed libapr-0.so.0 into /usr/lib I got
/usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0: undefined symbol: pthread_create
You have a thread APR mod_webapp+apache-1.3 needs a non-threaded one.

How have you made your APR?